DUDE BE NICE WEEK 2018
DRESS UP DAYS:
- MONDAY: Wear Yellow to promote Mental Health Awareness & Peace
- TUESDAY: Wear Orange to promote Tolerance & Acceptance
- WEDNESDAY: Wear Purple to promote Abuse Awareness & Gentleness
- THURSDAY: Wear Green to acknowledge those who have sacrificed for our county and to promote Hope
- FRIDAY: Wear DUDE BE NICE SHIRT or Red, White, and Blue to promote a Culture of Kindness
NOON-TIME KINDNESS ACTIVITIES:
- MONDAY: ANTI-BULLYING VIDEO, PANEL, & DISCUSSION LUNCHEON (PEACE)
During lunch you are invited to come check out an anti-bullying video, hear from current students, and have a discussion regarding solutions to bullying. This event will take place in the DRAMA ROOM (811) and space is limited to the first 200 students.
- TUESDAY: LUNCH TIME ACTIVITIES WITH CHESTER’S CLASS IN PALM LANE (ACCEPTANCE)
During lunch you are invited to come hangout with students from Ms. Chester’s class in Palm Lane. There will be a varied of activities planned for you and them in order to hang out and connect.
- WEDNESDAY: #HUGME ACTIVITY (GENTLENESS)
During lunch several brave students will be standing blindfolded in Senior Court. Around their neck they will be wearing their “STORY”. Come out and show them some love and support by reading their stories and then giving them a HUGE HUG!
- THURSDAY: CLUB UNITY DAY (HOPE)
During lunch ALL students are invited to participate in CROSS THE LINE ACTIVITY in Palm Lane. Students will be asked a series of questions that may cause them to cross the line. The goal of this activity is to show students that they are NOT ALONE.
- FRIDAY: STAFF COMPLIMENT WALL (KINDNESS)
During lunch students will have an opportunity to verbally give a SHOUT OUT to a variety of staff members on campus.
DUDE BE NICE RECOGNITION ACTIVITIES:
- MONDAY: Maintenance Breakfast & Night Custodial Dinner – District Staff and Bus Driver Appreciation
- TUESDAY: Cafeteria Staff Appreciation
- WEDNESDAY: PLC Meeting Appreciation
- THURSDAY: Library Staff Appreciation
- FRIDAY: Office, Counselor, and Admin Appreciation
- FRIDAY NIGHT: DBN Staff Tribute during the basketball game at halftime
OTHER DBN ACTIVITIES HAPPENING DURING THE WEEK:
- Daily ‘Send a Compliment” Booth set up in Senior Court. Write your friend a little note of appreciation.
- Daily trash pick up at break and lunch.
- Positive Poster Campaign. Kindness poster placed all around campus.
- Random Acts of Kindness BINGO. Complete several random acts of kindness and win a FREE DBN Shirt.
- DUDE BE MINE – Valentine Dance after the DBN Tribute Basketball Game
Stay Tuned All Week:
- Follow @fourseasonsofschoolculture on Instagram
SHARE YOUR KINDNESS IDEAS: